How much does it cost to live in Homestead Acres?
ROC members decide when the rent needs to be raised and by how much.
- Each member household pays two charges. The first is the lot rent that is collected monthly to pay for operating expenses like taxes, insurance, trash collection and the ROC's mortgage payments.
- The current lot rent is $385 per month and includes water, sewer and trash collection for each home, as well as community snow plowing. Individual households are responsible for driveway plowing and lawn care.
- The second charge is a one-time membership fee of $100. Once a member has paid the membership fee, he or she only pays lot rent.
- Before the homeowners bought Homestead Acres, we had regular increases to our monthly rent. Since December 2011, when we became resident-owned, rent has remained the same.
- There is a $45 charge to apply for membership at Homestead Acres Mobile Home Park. Find an application here.